In Immerse mode you can use the camera to take pictures and then add voice memos to the pictures you took.
How to operate the camera
- Select the Camera icon from the left hand panel.
- Align the camera frame to the area you want to photograph and pull the left trigger.
- A preview of the picture will be displayed. If you want to keep the picture, point the laser at the save icon in the lower left (1) and click on it. Otherwise, click on the erase icon in the lower right (3).
How to use voice memos
- When the picture preview is displayed, click on the voice memo icon (2) with the right hand laser. (Voice memos must be attached as an accompaniment to pictures and cannot be recorded in isolation, independent of pictures.)
- After a countdown of 3 seconds, you will be able to record your voice memo through the microphone of your HTC Vive HMD (10 seconds max.).
- You can complete your voice memo by clicking on the Finish button with the right hand laser. The memo will also stop recording automatically after 10 seconds.
- Recorded voices will automatically be dictated into text (voice recognition and dictation is currently supported only in the English language).
You can review your pictures and recorded voice files as well as the dictated text after you exit VR, in the Memo section.