You can import SketchUp models from .skp files. You can only import models in Studio mode, and you can only import one single .skp file at a time.
- There is a button to navigate to higher parent folders. Click to open the next, higher parent folder.
- This panel displays the current folder. This widget only displays the folder path; you cannot interact with it.
- This panel displays a list of folders you can navigate to and files you can import. Only .skp files will be displayed.
- Click the option icon to set options for importing files. For details, see Import options.
- Button for importing the selected file. Click this to begin the import process – only available once a file to import has been selected.
- During the import process, a message that indicates "Loading" will be displayed. Once the import is complete this will change to "Finished" and the Model Information Panel will automatically be displayed.
- There is a button to cancel importing. It will cancel the import process and return you to the Import Panel. If you cancel the import the model will not be loaded.
Model Information Panel
- Displays the file you imported.
- Displays the SketchUp version of the file you imported.
- Displays the polycount (number of faces) in the .skp file.
- Displays the number of materials in the .skp file.
- Displays the number of layers in the .skp file.
- Displays the scale of the model as seen in Studio mode.
- Destroys the imported model. It will only disappear from the VR; the file it was imported from will not be erased.